Recently, while browsing through H&M's website, I came across this suede kimono- now a true gem in my closet. The color, the fit and the feel is beyond wow. I fell in love with it at the first glance and rest is history. Anyways the agenda for today is : HOW TO LAYER FOR SPING ???- when cardigan is not an option. ...just kidding. This whole layering shebang need not be boring- just a few tips up your sleeves, and you've layered in the most stylish way.
earrings- ShoeDazzle ( similar )
- When layering for spring: consider the three-piece rule- the top, the outer layer and then the outermost layer. Wear your normal blouse ( preferably full sleeves ), then a lightweight knit and throw on the final layer for that extra toasty feeling. A trench coat is by-far the chicest way to layer.
- Kimono's are another stylish way to stay warm and at the same time amp the glam quotient of any look. Look for pieces that are seasonal- one's with fun prints, with little details and in fabrics like suede, viscose and other spring-friendly weaves.
- Another strategic way to layer is to wear jackets and or sweaters over maxi dresses. This way you double up the warmth and not the bulk, and still look sophisticated.
- Not feeling the sweater thingy: not a problem?? Layer a dress over a top, a dress over a knit turtleneck or even a top over a top, and you are ready to offset all those spring weather woes.
- Last but not the least: use your accessories esp. necklaces and scarves to up your spring-outfit-game. A printed scarf or a pashmina is a yes any day. It not only will keep you balmy, but will also serve the purpose of adding interest to any look.
Have a great day loves. For more of my musings, follow me @