Did you get the memo that " Zara has officially announced Gingham as their print of spring/summer 2017? '' Kid you not, check out their website and you will find the much coveted gingham galore there. Right from tops, to skirts, to dresses, to pants- grown up gingham is everywhere.
SHOP THE LOOK
Gingham is a huge trend this summer, conjuring up two images that fashionistas don't want to look like: a tablecloth and a school girl. While my love for gingham is unwavering, I had my own inhibitions about this print. I've had a couple of gingham button front blouses in the past, but this is my first time owning a real feminine piece. It took me some time to hunt down the right piece in the right print size- thanks to @nyandcompany for adding this to your new spring arrivals. I am totally in love with this dress. It is strapless, but comes with extra straps just in case. The bow in the front is what makes this dress overly pretty.
- Stay away from anything red : believe me, a red gingham print reminds me of five guys tray liners. The red and white gingham is not my cup of tea and I would totally not recommend to you as well.
- Opt for pieces with feminine details: frills, ruffles, bows and other such origami details make gingham so doable. They add the touch of femininity to any piece of gingham.
- Go for one statement piece: pair your statement piece with something more demure. For instance a crisp white blazer with your classic black and white gingham dress. If you are the daring kinds and coupling one gingham piece with another is your style, then girl " you are my best friend" !
- Keep it sleek: since gingham is an over-the-top print keep your hair sleek and streamlined. A ponytail or super straight hair would be my pick .
- Go the minimal way: when choosing your accessories, go minimal. Let the gingham speak for itself. In my case, I chose to wear a pair of embellished earrings and a couple of coordinating bracelets. Skipping a necklace was agreeably called for in this look...What say ???
SHOP MORE GINGHAM DRESSES