- PLAN AHEAD - planning is always the key to a good start. There are so many trends, some for you and some not for you coz not all body types are the same and not all sartorial aspirations are the same. Based on the trends you adore, make a list and apportion your shopping budget based on the hierarchy.
- TAKE TIME TO SHOP AND TRY- Don't buy a trendy item just because others are wearing it. There is always a possibility that what works on others, won't work on you. So take time, shop around and remember the Rule of Three- if you can instantly think of 3 different looks for the particular piece in consideration, buy it, otherwise forget it !
- DON'T OVERINDULGE - remember that trends are capricious, so refrain from overindulging. Buy just a couple of trendy items every season, and try mixing and matching them with the classic pieces in your closet. I am telling you the results are spectacular. For instance in my look today, the pleated cuff blouse and the boxed bag are the only two trendy items which I paired with some great classics - a trench, basic jeans and red lipstick to name a few, to create this striking look.
- BEG/BORROW/STEAL - I have always been an ardent propagator of the begging/borrowing/stealing from you friends/relatives fashion motto. There is always a chance that your fashionable friend or a relative already owns some super trendy pieces and it's time they pay you back for your love and care you have shown them over all these years- whomp whomp, just kidding ! So raid their closet and be one happy trendsetter.
- DIY- if the trend is doable, I would suggest DIY'ing them. For instance the frayed/tassel hem jeans is the it trend this season and instead of just going all out to a store to pick out one for myself, I DIY'd the same. It is fun and an affordable way to try out a new trend keeping the spending within budget. Don't believe???? - head over this way to see it for yourself .
Congratulations to Shauna of lipgloss and lace, she is the featured blogger of the week.
Now it is your turn to show your favorite winter looks...