This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and Nestle . All opinions are mine alone. #LeanCuisine #CollectiveBias
Ever since I started a part time 9-5, three days a week job, everything including cooking feels so time-crunched. Earlier when I was just a work-from-home blogger, I could manage to serve three fresh elaborate meals everyday, but now everything history. Getting three freshly-prepared meals or sometimes even two can be a challenge, especially on days when daughter has after school karate practice. I do feel guilty about not being able to serve balanced meals all the time, but I am glad I discovered LEAN CUISINE meals.
Thanks to my nearest Target store, which BTW has now become a pilgrim place for my family. A weekend trip to Target is incomplete without reaching out to my favorite frozen dinner section. First I was a bit reluctant and not very open to welcoming frozen meals in my kitchen, but now LEAN CUISINE frozen meals have become a family favorite: LEAN CUISINE® Marketplace Sesame Chicken being our personal favorite.
LEAN CUISINE® Marketplace Spicy Penne Arrabiatta
LEAN CUISINE® Marketplace Sesame Chicken
LEAN CUISINE® Marketplace Vermont White Cheddar Mac & Cheese
and Gluten free Chicken Teriyaki stir fry and Four Cheese Pizza for days when daughter is being rewarded for good behavior- whomp whomp !!
Not only are the meals delicious and easy to pair with a home-cooked side, in my case my favorite cauliflower salad, but LEAN CUISINE also offers product options that are non-GMO, gluten-free, high in protein, and made with organic ingredient options.
For a two serving of my signature cauliflower salad you need :
Cauliflower florets- 2 cups
Mixed salad greens- 2 cups
Chickpea- 1 15oz can
Curry powder- 2tbsp
Garlic cloves- 4-5 chopped
Cucumber- 1 cup diced
Roma tomato- 1 diced
Mixed nuts/fruits ( walnuts and cranberries ) - 1 cup
Oil - 1/2 cup
Lemon - 1/2 squeezed
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degree F .
- Mix the curry powder, garlic and 1/4 cup oil in a bowl. Pour it over the cauliflower florets and sprinkle some salt. Mix well to coat the florets well.
- Now bake for 10 mins, remove, toss and then bake for another 10-12 minutes. Bake more if you like yours charred. Once done, let it cool.
- While it is baking whisk the remaining oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper together to make the dressing. This is optional, you could use any other vinaigrette, preferably raspberry vinaigrette. Also set up your dinner table.
- Now mix the greens, chickpeas, cucumbers, tomatoes, baked cauliflower, nuts and the vinaigrette. Serve with your favorite LEAN CUISINE dinner.
Now it is time to choose your dinner.... spicy penne arrabiatta, sesame chicken or pizza????
Preparing the dinner is easy:
- Open the packaging.
- Remove the tray from the packaging.
- Puncture a few holes with a fork on the film.
- Pop it in the microwave for as long as it is suggested on the packaging.
- Remove and plate....
Time to enjoy my delicious dinner.............