P.S- Instagram is making some changes to it's algorithm starting this Tuesday, you might not be able to see me in your feed thereafter. So if you wish to continue getting an update for Myriad Musings, head here and follow the directions to "TURN ON POST NOTIFICATIONS ".
I've always had a soft spot for colors and not just colors- but the brightest of bright colors. Seldom do I wear an outfit that has no color, be it through my accessories or even my lipstick, there has to be a punch of color.
As much it is easy for me to say that I adore colors, there are people who get intimidated by colors day in day out. It's like a riddle to them- they don't know where to begin, what colors to pair together and so on and so forth???? If you are one of the aforementioned, then look no further- keep reading for a simple guide on how to wear more colors this spring.
1) going monochromatic is the safest bet- even a slimmest idea of which color suits can be of great help. Choose a couple of shades from the same color palette and you would never go wrong. Just play around with texture and you would have created your best colored outfit.
2) when in doubt- choose a neutral. A pair of jeans in a lighter wash, a must-have, works the best. Keep your bottom as the focal point and work your outfit from bottom up. Choose brighter tops and blouses and accessorize appropriately.
3) accessories are a good way to add color, specially in spring/summer. All those low cut, backless tops and dresses definitely need some accessorization. Tassels are in and I have seen designers incorporating it in accessories and handbags as well. So go forth and get yourself a bright handbag or even a statement necklace and bring some life to your outfit.
4) prints are a strategic way of integrating some color to your look. Pick out fun summery prints and you would have added color to your outfit- effortlessly !!!
5) add a third piece- the rule of thumb for making any outfit pop!!! A coat, jacket, a blazer or even a vest would count as the third piece. They are like add-ons, instantly taking any look up all notches. In my case the black vest not only balances the brights but also gives an edge to the outfit.
Use these guidelines as baby-steps towards decoding the art of wearing colors...and trust me you'll love me for this!!! Do you have any rules/guidelines of your own for adding color to your outfit this spring ????
Have a great day loves. For more of my musings, follow me @