Overlooking the snow, all I could think of was the aroma of the freshly baked BISCOTTI that would swamp my house if I baked. So this thought got me going into the pre Easter baking mode.
Fortunately I had all the ingredients in my pantry except for the almond paste, so I got one from the neighboring store. For this biscotti recipe, I used the pre-ground almond paste, but you could make your own at home by following the recipe here. So lets get started:-
Prep: 20 minutes
First Baking: 35 minutes
Second baking: 20-25 minutes
Total time: 75-80 minutes
1-7 oz box Odense Almond Paste, grated1 stick ( 8 tablespoons ) very cold butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment or foil
- Add Almond Paste, butter, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a medium size mixing bowl.
- Mix together well, with a fork until crumbly. Add the sliced almonds.
- Whisk together egg whites and vanilla separately in a bowl until frothy. Add to the crumbly mixture. Mix until the dough holds together. Turn out onto a lightly floured counter.
- Roll the dough into a 2 inch thick log. Cut in half and roll each piece 10 inches long.
- Transfer rolls to cookie sheet. Flatten to 3/4 inch thickness.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until golden. Cool cookie sheet on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Cut into 3/4" diagonal slices. Return to cookie sheet, cut side down. Bake 10-15 minutes or until golden. Flip and bake 10-15 minutes more.
- Cool on a wire rack, store in air-tight container for 2-3 weeks and enjoy every single day.
Hope you enjoy it as much as we are enjoying it !!!!!
Thanks for stopping by